Who we are and what we do with your personal information
Comet Fans S.r.l., with registered office in Via Lucania 2, Buccinasco (MI) Italy 20090, hereinafter Data Controller, protects the confidentiality of personal data and guarantees its necessary protection against any event that may put it at risk of violation.
To this end, the Data Controller implements policies and practices regarding the collection and use of personal data and the exercise of the rights assigned to you under applicable legislation. The Controller updates the policies and practices applied for the protection of personal data each time this becomes necessary and in any case any time legislative or organisational changes take place, which may affect the processing of your personal data.
What information do we collect?
Your data is the IP address and cookies as listed in the table below.
What are cookies, and what is their purpose?
A “cookie” is a small text file created and installed on the user’s computer by some websites when the user accesses a particular site, and are used to store and transmit information. The cookies are sent by a web server (which is the computer on which the website visited is being run) to the user’s browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and saved to the user’s computer; they are therefore sent back to the website when the site is next visited.
Cookies can also remain on the system for long periods of time and can also contain a unique identification code. This allows the websites using them to keep track of user browsing within the website, for statistical or advertising purposes, to create a personalised profile of the user starting from the pages the user has visited and show and/or send them specifically-targeted advertising (referred to as “behavioural advertising”).
Which cookies are used and what are their main purposes?
This website uses different types of technical cookies, but it does not use profiling cookies.
Below, the Data Controller has provided a table listing the information concerning the specific categories of cookies used, their purpose, and what happens if they are disabled:
What are third party cookies?
Third party cookies also operate on this website. These are cookies created by a website other than the one the user is currently visiting.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Italian Personal Data Protection Authority Act of 8th May 2014, the Data Controller is required to provide an updated link to the disclosures and consent forms of the third parties with which specific agreements have been stipulated for the installation of cookies through its website.
Specifically, users are hereby informed that the website uses the following services that issue cookies:
If you wish to disable these cookies, please click on the following link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=it and follow the instructions provided.
Third parties and recipients
Your personal data is processed according to the contract and obligations, including legal and/or regulatory, from which the data derives.
Your data will not be communicated to third parties/recipients for their own purposes, unless:
- you give permission;
- it is required to fulfil the obligations of the contract, and by applicable legal provisions which govern it (e.g.: to protect your rights, to submit a complaint to the supervisory authorities, etc.);
- the data is communicated to one of the companies in the group of which Comet Fans S.r.l. is part, for administrative purposes, data processing and IT services companies (e.g.: web hosting, data entry, infrastructure management and maintenance, and IT services, etc.);
- the data is communicated to the financial administration, and the public regulatory and supervisory bodies to whom Comet Fans S.r.l. must fulfil specific obligations arising from the particular nature of the activity carried out.
The personal data which Comet Fans processes for this purpose is, among others:
- name, surname, IP address, residential/mobile telephone number, log, firearms permit number.
What happens if you do not provide your personal data?
Please refer to the table above for an explanation of what happens if you fail to provide your personal data. The Data Controller would like to remind users that they can, at any time, disable cookies by following the instructions provided below.
Disabling and enabling cookies
By accessing the website and continuing past the initial banner containing the brief information, the user has given specific consent to the use of third party cookies as described above.
Individual cookies can be enabled/disabled freely via the browser (accessing the settings menu, clicking on internet options, opening the privacy tab and choosing the desired privacy level). For further information, visit the following links: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Windows Explorer.
The Do Not Track option, available on most modern browsers, can also be activated.
The data is stored in paper, computer and electronic archives located within the European Economic Area, and is protected by appropriate security measures.
Data processing is carried out through the use of hard copies or IT procedures by internal subjects who have been properly authorised and trained. These internal subjects are allowed to access your personal data within the limits and by the means necessary to carry out the processing activities which concern you.
The Controller periodically checks the instruments with which your data is processed, as well as the data protection measures provided, and which are constantly updated; verifies, through the subjects authorised to carry out processing, that no personal data is collected, processed, stored or archived; verifies that the data is kept with the guarantee of integrity and authenticity and their use for the processing purposes effectively executed.
Comet Fans S.r.l. processes, both directly and through its suppliers (third parties and/or addressees), your personal, computer (e.g. logical accesses) or traffic data collected or obtained in the case of services offered on the website, as strictly necessary and proportional to guarantee the security and capacity of a network or servers connected with it to withstand, at a given security level, unforeseen events or unlawful or wilful acts that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of the personal data stored or transmitted.
To this end, the Comet Fans S.r.l. provides procedures to handle personal data breaches in fulfilment of the obligations it has accepted in accordance with the law.
For how long?
Personal data is kept for two years and, in the case of electronic archives, is protected by means of effective and appropriate security measures to counter the risks of violation which have been considered by the Data Controller. See the table above for an explanation of the period of time individual types of cookies are kept.
What are your rights?
Consistent with the time limits set out above for the processing of your personal data, you always have the right to check your data. You have the right to:
- make corrections;
- restrict processing;
- object to processing;
- data portability.
Your rights are guaranteed, and you are free to exercise them without charge or specific formalities. You have the right:
- to receive a hard copy, or digital copy, of the data for which you have requested access. If further copies are required, the Data Controller may charge you a reasonable fee;
- to data erasure or limit data processing, as well as update or make corrections to your personal data, and your request will also be passed on to third parties/recipients who have received your data, unless there are legitimate reasons which take precedence over those that have led your request (e.g.: environmental investigations and risk containment resulting from the emergency managed for them by the Data Controller);
- to receive all useful communications, concerning the activities performed following your request to exercise your rights, without delay and, in any case, within one month from your request, if no reasoned extension of up to two months has been granted and duly communicated;
- Any requests for further information must be sent to the following address: email@example.com.
How can I lodge a complaint?
Without prejudice to any additional action in administrative or judicial proceedings, you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, namely that which carries out its duties and exercises its powers in Italy where you are resident or work or, otherwise in the Member State where the violation of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 occurred.