Who we are and what we do with your personal information
Comet Fans S.r.l., with registered office in Via Lucania 2, Buccinasco (MI) Italy 20090, hereinafter Data Controller, protects the confidentiality of personal data and guarantees its necessary protection against any event that may put it at risk of violation.
To this end, the Data Controller implements policies and practices regarding the collection and use of personal data and the exercise of the rights assigned to you under applicable legislation. The Controller updates the policies and practices applied for the protection of personal data each time this becomes necessary and in any case any time legislative or organisational changes take place, which may affect the processing of your personal data.
What data is processed?
Information systems and software procedures used to operate this website acquire, during the normal course of operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the communication protocols of the Internet.
It concerns information that is not collected to be associated with specific individuals, but by their own very nature could, through the processing and association with data held by third parties, allow users to be identified.
This category of data includes IP addresses or domain names of computers used by users who connect to the site, URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier) of requested resources, the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the response from the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters related to the operating system and the users.
The data could be used to ascertain responsibility in case of hypothetical computer crimes against the website.
Data provided directly by the user:
The optional, explicit and voluntary mailing of data as requested by the various sections of this website are used for the purpose of processing the user’s requests (including but not limited to: cases in which information or clarification is requested by writing to the e-mail addresses found on the site, either in the home page or in the internal pages – or when curriculum vitae are spontaneously sent for the purpose of applying as a candidate, or when direct calls are made or fax sent to the numbers indicated in the “contacts” section.)
Comet Fans S.r.l. processes, both directly and through its suppliers (third parties and/or addressees), your personal, computer (e.g. logical accesses) or traffic data collected or obtained in the case of services offered on the website, as strictly necessary and proportional to guarantee the security and capacity of a network or servers connected with it to withstand, at a given security level, unforeseen events or unlawful or wilful acts that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of the personal data stored or transmitted.
To this end, the Comet Fans S.r.l. provides procedures to handle personal data breaches in fulfilment of the obligations it has accepted in accordance with the law.
Types of data
Browsing data is processed in order to execute IT and electronic communication protocols; the provision of personal data by users is optional and voluntary.
Third parties and recipients
Your personal data is processed according to the contract and obligations, including legal and/or regulatory, from which the data derives.
Your data will not be communicated to third parties/recipients for their own purposes, unless:
- you give permission;
- it is required to fulfil the obligations of the contract, and by applicable legal provisions which govern it (e.g.: to protect your rights, to submit a complaint to the regulatory authorities, etc.);
- the data is communicated to one of the companies in the group of which Comet Fans S.r.l. is part, for administrative purposes, data processing and IT services companies (e.g.: web hosting, data entry, infrastructure management and maintenance, and IT services, etc.);
- the data is communicated to the financial administration, and the public regulatory and supervisory bodies to whom Comet Fans S.r.l. must fulfil specific obligations arising from the particular nature of the activity carried out.
The personal data which Comet Fans processes for this purpose is, among others:
- name, surname, IP address, residential/mobile telephone number, log.
Some cookies are used by the Data Controller for the purposes indicated in the Cookies Policy found on the Comet Fans S.r.l. website.
The data is stored in paper, computer and electronic archives located within the European Economic Area, and is protected by appropriate security measures.
Data processing is carried out through the use of hard copies or IT procedures by internal subjects who have been properly authorised and trained. These internal subjects are allowed to access your personal data within the limits and by the means necessary to carry out the processing activities which concern you.
The Controller periodically checks the instruments with which your data is processed, as well as the data protection measures provided, and which are constantly updated; verifies, through the subjects authorised to carry out processing, that no personal data is collected, processed, stored or archived; verifies that the data is kept with the guarantee of integrity and authenticity and their use for the processing purposes effectively executed.
For how long?
Personal data is kept for two years in protected electronic archives by means of effective and appropriate security measures to counter the risks of violation which have been considered by the Data Controller.
What are your rights?
Consistent with the time limits set out above for the processing of your personal data, you always have the right to check your data. You have the right to:
- make corrections;
- restrict processing;
- object to processing;
- data portability.
Your rights are guaranteed, and you are free to exercise them without charge or specific formalities. You have the right:
- to receive a hard copy, or digital copy, of the data for which you have requested access. If further copies are required, the Data Controller may charge you a reasonable fee;
- to data erasure or limit data processing, as well as update or make corrections to your personal data, and your request will also be passed on to third parties/recipients who have received your data, unless there are legitimate reasons which take precedence over those that have led your request (e.g.: environmental investigations and risk containment resulting from the emergency managed for them by the Data Controller);
- to receive all useful communications, concerning the activities performed following your request to exercise your rights, without delay and, in any case, within one month from your request, if no reasoned extension of up to two months has been granted and duly communicated.
Any requests for further information must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I lodge a complaint?
Without prejudice to any additional action in administrative or judicial proceedings, you may lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, namely that which carries out its duties and exercises its powers in Italy where you are resident or work or, otherwise in the Member State where the violation of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 occurred.